UX/UI for Education
Pretest Plus is an online platform for students to answer mock tests for the CAT, UKiset and 13+ Pre-test school entrance exams in the UK. We built an e-commerce website to sell the tests and a web app for students to take the tests online.
Our work with Pretest Plus started with conceptualisation – architecting the website and the app, understanding the different users and their needs, wireframing and prototyping every interaction.
The entire system revolves around three main user groups: Parents, Students and School.
Parents can purchase a set of online tests for their children. These are then added to a dashboard where parents create an account for the child (or multiple children) and assign a test. The parents are able to keep a track of the results through a simple interface and compare the results against universal aggregates.
Schools can purchase tests in bulk (for hundreds of students) and assign them to students. These can then be tracked through a comprehensive School Dashboard.
We created a bold, bright aesthetic for their e-commerce store, and extended it gracefully to the UX/UI of the Web App in a subtler and simpler form.
On the technology side, we built:
1) A custom WooCommerce based eCommerce System.
2) A PHP backend to manage users, create tests, assign tests, serve and answer tests and analyze the aggregate results.
3) Dashboards for the Administrator, School Accounts, Parent Account and Student Accounts – with the appropriate level of controls and functionality.
4) A Mandrill based mailing system to send out notifications and updates about the status of tests.
5) A comprehensive admin backend with overriding controls for the entire system